Reasons to Support Us
The following points are considered to be ‘planning issues’.
Retail / Employment:
- Up to 40 new retail jobs will be created;
- Meet a clearly defined need for a discount foodstore in Alexandria;
- Lidl stocks a variety of unique product lines which are not available from other mainstream retailers;
- 80% of Lidl’s British fresh produce bears the Red Tractor logo¹, so you can be assured of its high quality;
- A modern building using high quality materials will add a contemporary dimension to the existing streetscape;
- Use sustainable materials, construction techniques, building management systems and operation processes to promote energy efficient and environmentally friendly operations;
- Significantly improve the visual impact of the existing Town Centre site.
- Sustainable construction techniques will be employed as well as the use of sustainable materials where possible;
- Lidl operate a highly energy efficient business with a strong commitment to recycling and the use of energy efficient equipment and techniques within the store to reduce carbon emissions;
- The subject site is in a highly accessible location.